Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Slide Story

Today was a cool 84 degrees, so we decided to go to the dinosaur park. Hailey was so happy because we haven't been to the park in a long time since it's been over 100 degrees. Anyway, she climbs to the very top of the tallest tower and says she wants to go down the slide. I asked her if she was sure because last time she came out crying for five minutes. She used to go without any problems! I kept asking her if she was sure and reminding her that mommy can't go down the slide with her right now. So, she gets all excited and says she wants to go and starts going down. Well, she gets about three feet down the slide and comes to a screeching halt and says she needs help and starts crying. Her fingers were holding on to the crack in the slide so she wouldn't go down. I felt so bad, I totally couldn't reach her. So, I called this kid up to help her and she let go before she came up. She comes out of the bottom of the slide and jumps up in the air with both arms raised and yells, "I did it, mom" and comes and gives me a huge hug. This kid!!! Of course, she wouldn't go down anymore after that! I am afraid of the future.=)

No comments: