Thursday, August 30, 2007

Idiotic Questions

I guess I am going to blame this on the pregnancy hormones, but if anyone else asks me "haven't you had that baby yet?", they are going to get hurt!! With that said, I have to tell you what this guy in my ward told me the other day. He has four kids, so you would think he has a brain by now about pregnancies, I guess not! He asked me when I was due and I told him a few weeks and he said "Not a few hours?" Rude!!! I know I am poking out like crazy and the belly is in the way all the time, but I don't need a reminder, because I am the one with the belly, right? Oh yeah, I forgot I was pregnant. Thanks for reminding me!! Not to mention, every time I go anywhere in public, people look at me with expressions of pity and I know what they are thinking. At least (most) of them don't say anything!! But I've heard it all in the past week "Are you about ready to pop", "Wow, you're really poking out there", "Doesn't it stink to be pregnant in the summer?" Even "When are you due?" is getting old, so just a warning if I see anyone reading this in the next few weeks, don't ask me any questions!! Honestly, I don't even know when my real due date is and YES, I hope he will induce me on the 24th. (Dr. Swainston is a compassionate man) Any other questions, can be forwarded to my secretary, Hailey Kate Bell!! PS. I'm not really mad, except annoyed at the dummy at church.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He he. That is funny. You DO realize any woman who has been pregnant will totally understand. The thing that drove me the craziest is people actually TOUCHING or RUBBING my belly. How dare they!

Baldwin Fam said...

I totally feel for you! I carried straight out in the front and from like 7 months on I got those nasty questions all the time. The good thing, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel...labor day.:)